As the digital market continues to increase, we have seen an increase on the number of e-commerce projects that we have started to develop for our Clients. The current e-commerce will surpass $3 trillion in sales in the next few years, so we can understand the reasons why a number of businesses decide to take their business online.
The growing business platforms such as Alibaba, Amazon, create this space, both consumers and businesses are able to sell & buy respectively. However there is know more shift to the market, whereby businesses are looking to be in the market on their own, rather than depend & share its profits with platforms.
In Bangladesh, we see growing investments in information technology. We look at Ant Financial who has bought around 49% stake in bKash, and then we are looking at one of Bangladesh’s leading online grocery supplier, Chaldal, who are in talks to raise over $3 million for investment purposes.
At Tech ICS, we create a plan for our Client's and here are some of things we help to manage.
- Domain. Getting the right name for your brand is essential. Whilst a good domain is not costly, some premium domains are expensive, however it is good to consider those, given that sometimes search engines recognises them as good named domains.
- Website design and platforms. Now, this is very important when developing your e-commerce website. We know that there are a lot of open source platforms available including other providers who take a fee from the transaction as well as using its platforms to build your website, however those comes with risk element. As a starting point, your business becomes dependent on their platform. Then, you are limited to make changes as well as the storage of your customer’s data and the list can go on and on.
- Customer data protection. As a business, you need to consider protecting your customer’s data. This will run from SSL on your website to who you share your data with. Letting your customers know how their data will be used is important. We understand that different countries have various laws to protects consumer’s data, but as a business, you need to be clear and provide as much as assurances that any transactions takes place in your platform will be protected.
- Digital marketing. Now, the first question we are asked is how can we get you to search engine’s number 1 page? Before you start to embark on digital marketing, you will need to understand your targeted customers. It would help you understand how best to move forward and at Tech ICS; we will provide our expert knowledge on the best way to move forward. Now the myth around SEO is not as simple as it is. It does not mean, you pay someone to get you to page 1 on a specific keywords and that’s it. The process is endless, and it takes time to get your business online to your targeted customers. We at Tech ICS can create a digital marketing plan, and support you in this.
- Payment gateways. There are a number of providers out there which can be plugged into your website. If this is a start up, then we normally advise using those who don’t charge a monthly fee but a transaction fee. As your business grows and starts to take in regular payments, having a monthly fee will reduce costs of managing your financial transactions.
- Linking your account with Facebook/Google Share etc. This is a fantastic feature to consider when you run your own e-commerce website. Tech ICS have developed unique API to support in this and allow integration to your website.
- Hosting and managed services. This is very important as your business will grow, your dependence on good managed hosting is important. We at Tech ICS, will provide you with reliable hosting services with 24/7 support.
If you wish to discuss about a project or intend to take advice from us related to bringing your business into the online market, speak to one of our friendly Business Managers, either emailing us at email@example.com or completing an online quote. Depending on where you are, you can call our team in London on 0333 344 7237 or in Sylhet on 01762 062 834.